Parents and Students must read, understand, and sign this participation contract.
I understand that playing in an orchestra requires team effort and cooperation between the musicians, instrumental coaches, and conductor. Realizing that we have limited rehearsals and that absences affect our preparation, I agree to be part of the team and to adhere to the following guidelines:
1) I agree to be present at all rehearsals. I understand that I am allowed FOUR (4) excused absences per program season, and I agree to notify the Executive Director by email as soon as I know that I will or may be absent. Excused absences will be done on a case-by-case basis and include things like school conflicts, family, health reasons, and travel. Failure to notify the Executive Director of absences or excessive tardiness may result in dismissal from the orchestra.
2) I understand that attendance for the entirety of all concerts and the dress rehearsal is mandatory for students participating and any excused absences have to be made in writing to the Executive Director. I also understand that students can request to be excused from (1) concert cycle as long as the request is in writing and made at least (2) weeks before the first rehearsal of the cycle.
3) I understand that if at any time mid-program I discover a conflict that would prevent me attending either the mandatory dress rehearsal or one of the concerts, I will no longer be allowed to participate in the orchestra.
4) I agree to arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled rehearsal times with my instrument, music, music stand, and pencil and to promptly find my seat, tune, warm-up and be ready to rehearse.
5) I agree to display mature, non-disruptive behavior at all times and to act respectfully towards the conductor, coaches, and my fellow students.
6) I agree to respect the conductor’s decisions as final regarding my ensemble and seating placement.
7) I understand that to play in an orchestra is to be part of a team. For the orchestra to succeed, I must practice the music and participate. As part of a team, I understand that I must be flexible and learn to perform the music in a way that produces the best “section sound” and follow the conductor’s intentions.
8) I understand that bullying and activities detrimental to the safety of other orchestra members is unacceptable, and that engaging in such activities may result in immediate dismissal from the orchestra.
9) I understand that if I am removed from the orchestra or drop-out during the season, then I may be liable for the full or partial tuition cost of the program. The current estimated cost of tuition is $650.
10) I understand that if I do not adhere to the guidelines stated above, I may be called in for review, required to re- audition and/or be subject to dismissal from the orchestra.
We rely on your support for concert attendance to help finance the only tuition-free and professional training program in the State of Nevada. YAO has been recognized for its yearlong concert season featuring world-renowned guest artists, master classes, and events. The organization is one of the few in Las Vegas that present high quality classical music concerts with over 12 performances and events per season. We rely on ticket sales and participation from friends and family. If you cannot attend an event, please invite family and friends to attend our events, and help make sure we keep our programs tuition-free.