WHAT WE OFFER
- The YAO offers a full Symphony, String Orchestra, and Percussion Ensemble for the students of Southern Nevada.
- Students have the opportunity to perform in over 15 concerts and events per season, which includes Orchestral Concerts, Recitals, Masterclasses, and a variety of events. Past students have had the opportunity to perform for major televised events including the Latin Grammy Awards and the Country Music Awards.
- Students will collaborate and work alongside nationally and internationally recognized musicians. Past notable guest artists include violist Steven Dann, jazz veteran Roberto Occhipinti, cellist Daniel Hass, violinists Stanislav Pronin and Qi Cao, The Lique, pianist Alexandria Le, and many more.
- The YAO has an instrument bank of fine & professional grade instruments available for students to use on loan. In 2019, the Bank had over $160,000 worth of violins, violas, and cellos owned by or on-loan to the YAO.
- Our students are exposed to professional caliber music that challenges them, which allows them to grow as young artists.
- The YAO is the only tuition-free youth orchestra program in the State of Nevada. Regardless of background and wealth, we acknowledge and reward talent, hard work, and dedication.
- The tools and discipline learned within the YAO help our students develop life skills needed to become successful citizens.
Our concert season is made possible through the hard work of our family, friends, and sponsors. Please visit our Sponsors Page to view our supporters.
The advancement and success of our students are tied directly with our mission & goal. We strongly believe that music education creates a path that allows students to reach maximum potential, in turn, creates outstanding citizens bettering our community. Lastly, the success and longevity of our program will extend a trend that through time would evolve into a tradition of fine arts, and cultural awareness within Southern Nevada.
Founder & Executive Director
- Andrew Fackrell, President
- Jennifer Au, Secretary
- Dave Modica, Treasurer
- Paul Johnson, Director
- Yunior Lopez, Executive Director
- Melissa Rios, Assistant Director
- Jerry DeGuzman, Bookkeeper
Board of Directors
- Andrew Fackrell, president
- Jennifer Au
- Dave Modica
- Paul Johnson
- Kerry Bennett
- Manny Gamazo
- Jonathan Krehm
- Linda Ammons
- Stanislav Pronin
- Peter Cosbey
- Yunior Lopez, music director
- Kerry Bennett, conductor
- Manuel Gamazo Jr., percussion director
- Yuri Cho, violin coach
- Susan Kim, violin coach
- Andy Smith, cello coach
- Moonlight Tran, cello coach
- Jeremy Russo, cello coach
- Brycen Ingersoll, double bass coach
- John Seaton, winds/brass coach